Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday update

Yesterday was another good day.

Abby did have to have another minor surgical procedure to insert a line that will allow them to stop giving her so many shots and IVs. That went well and should be very helpful in the long run.

During my time at the hospital yesterday, I had my best moment with Abby thus far. When I first arrived, she was alert. I was standing by her bed and talking to her. She was clearly looking directly at me, even following me with her eyes when my face moved. Then, at one point, she reached out to me with her right hand. I, of course, let her hold one of my fingers for a while. It's just great having her be able to see us now.

In other good news: Her heart valve problem might be fixing itself. In yesterday's heart scan, it was classified as a small opening rather than a moderate one. If they can keep her on low levels of supplemental oxygen, there is a chance the problem will be fixed without surgery.

Katrina's mom just left to go home; my mom will leave sometime this weekend. That means this is the time that people in Columbus can call and arrange if they want to visit. Just give us a call!

Katrina also posted about yesterday at her LiveJournal: katrinafcook.livejournal.com.

1 Comments:

At June 15, 2007 7:37 PM, Blogger James E. Miller said...

So many wonderful bits of news! I'm sure seeing Abby alert and grabbing on to your finger was exciting.

We'll pray for you guys as you start traveling this road without your parents by your side (at least physically).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home