Sunday, July 15, 2007

Still looking good

Abigail is still doing well. Katrina and I both got to hold her for an hour or so today, and we welcomed seven first-time visitors to see Abby over the course of the afternoon. It was tiring, but a lot of fun. Abby hadn't seen that many people in one day since her fourth day, when parts of both families were in town for a total of nine, I believe.

The big problem right now is Abby's failure to gain as much weight as she should. She's still hovering between 900 and 980 grams, depending on the day. The doctors think she's just processing things through her system too quickly and thus not getting all the nutrients they're trying to give her. Thus, as of yesterday, they have cut back her milk to 11 mL every three hours and starting giving her a small quantity of the liquid nutrition instead. It's too early to tell if that will work or not.

We will keep you posted. Have a good week.

3 Comments:

At July 17, 2007 8:10 AM, Blogger CE Butler said...

Hang in there, guys. Sounds like your kid is a tough Cookie ... get it!

 
At July 17, 2007 12:31 PM, Blogger Joel Coehoorn said...

Not related to your post, but I just saw two things I wanted to ask you about:
1) The Cincinnati Post is ceasing publication as of Dec 31.
Any thoughts?

2) Bad hail and wind in Iowa right now. Hope your parents are doing okay.

 
At July 18, 2007 11:17 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

1. I honestly hadn't heard much about the Post. My paper is Gannett, so we share stories with the Enquirer sometimes. It's always sad to see a newspaper go, even if it is a smaller afternoon paper.

2. I assume no news is good news from my parents and family in Des Moines. Some of them are coming to visit this weekend, so I guess I'll know more then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home