Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The joys of October

The Cubs are in the playoffs, the Cardinals, Braves and Mets aren't, and I'm spending lots of time with my daughter. It's a good week!

The postseason seems exceptionally wide open this year. I'll root for the Cubs, of course, but it will be extremely annoying if they finally make the series the one year there's no way I can even think about attending.

(If you're wanting news on Abby: There's not much to report. She's doing well and eating like crazy. She's right around 6 pounds.)

3 Comments:

At October 08, 2007 3:41 PM, Blogger James E. Miller said...

Guess October isn't so great anymore, huh?

 
At October 12, 2007 8:02 AM, Blogger Renee Lewis said...

don't you live in ohio now? go tribe!

 
At October 12, 2007 11:40 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Jim: I still maintain that a first-round sweep is better than a sub-.500 finish and missing the playoffs.

Renee: Yeah, we're in Columbus. I certainly rooted for the Tribe vs. the Yankees, and it would be great for them to continue on for newspaper content purposes.

I'm still an NL fan, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home