Monday, January 28, 2008

First story of the year

As most you know, I do a lot more editing than actual writing in my current job. Thus, even though we're nearly a month into the new year, my first bylines of 2008 are in today's paper.

The topic? High school bowling, of all things. I actually enjoyed doing these stories, as bowling as a team sport is unique in several ways, most notably the camaraderie among the teams. I also finally met some people who actually choose to watch the PBA on NFL Sundays on ESPN rather than football.

If I've piqued your interest, the articles are here and here.

4 Comments:

At January 29, 2008 9:15 AM, Blogger CE Butler said...

Looks like all that time covering soccer is starting to pay off.


Obviously, I speak for others when I say to let us know how the Newark match comes out on Saturday.

I'm calling for the upset.

 
At January 29, 2008 7:27 PM, Blogger Sara Ann said...

CAMARADERIE

Nice Harding shout-out.

 
At January 29, 2008 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look how smart my granddaughter is. Not even a year old and already readiing.

 
At January 30, 2008 11:30 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

That's a bold pick, Rick. Picking against the Newark bowling team this year is like picking against the Patriots. You had better get some serious points before you do it!

Ann, it's amazing how often camaraderie is a useful word. I'm just glad Dr. Burks drove it into our skulls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home