Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Election Day

Believe it or not, I just voted in a primary/caucus for the first time.

Considering my job, I figure it's not a good idea to mention who (or even what party) I voted in this forum. Let's just say those of you who knew my politics 10 years ago would be pretty surprised today.

It's a nasty day here in Columbus, but Katrina and I took turns heading to the polling site this morning. We were going to make today Abby's first election, but it was too cold and rainy to take her outside voluntarily.

That's right -- Katrina voted, and for actual people, too. Again, those of you who have talked politics with Katrina should be shocked.

If you live in Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island or Vermont, be sure to vote today. Even if you don't care about the presidential election, there's likely some local candidates or issues you can make a decision about.

I'll be heading in for a long day at the office in a few hours. I'll be updating our Web site with election results and doing all of my other normal duties; I'll be lucky to be home by 4 a.m.

2 Comments:

At March 04, 2008 1:48 PM, Blogger MKCoehoorn said...

Our election last month only covered the presidential primaries. Nothing else on the ballots, at least for our county. My in-laws said there was something else on theirs - alderman or something like that.

 
At March 07, 2008 8:44 PM, Blogger Joel Coehoorn said...

You've got me curious now, Ryan.

I almost stayed home this time. Like Melody said: there were no other local issues and I really didn't see a candidate worth going out in the cold for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home