Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Announcement

In case you've been wondering, there is a reason behind my lack of posting the last few days. I just haven't thought of anything interesting enough to say other than the following, and I had to wait until we had a chance to tell our families, etc.

Katrina is pregnant. That's right, Baby Cookie I is on the way. (I figured someone else would go there, so I thought I would beat you to it.)

We've known for a few weeks, but we wanted to wait until after our first checkup to announce it to the world. Everything is looking good. We have tentative due date of September 26, but that is subject to change after the first ultrasound, which will be at the end of this month.

We spent about three hours at the checkup on Monday. After the official pregnancy test to confirm the obvious, we spent most of the time getting briefed on the dos and don'ts of pregnancy by an awesome nurse. Among the dietary highlights for Katrina:

- No Diet Pepsi (artificial sweetening)
- No Potato Chips or French Fries (flash fried)
- No V8 (too much salt)
- Insane amounts of water, fruits and veggies every day.

She also had the pleasure of getting to know three needles very well. (Flu shot + TB screening + five vials of blood for blood work = an unhappy and slightly bruised left arm.)

Everybody (including us) is really excited. My mom's even gone on a shopping spree at Babies R Us in Des Moines. Now might be a good time to pick up some of their stock.

5 Comments:

At February 14, 2007 1:38 PM, Blogger James E. Miller said...

Wonderful!

Sara and I are very happy for you guys. You are embarking on a journey that will change your life more than almost any decision you make in life.

Enjoy the ride.

And, Ryan, remember to do whatever Katrina wants for the next nine months.

It's in you best interest.

 
At February 14, 2007 2:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!! That is very exciting news. Stacy and I are happy for you guys.

Just try not to gain weight with her...trust me it's tough to get off.

 
At February 14, 2007 3:40 PM, Blogger CE Butler said...

Congrats!
If you want, I'll even volunteer to help you hunt down the guy who did it!

Seriously, get ready for a ton of advice. Listen to all of it, then weed out all the stupid stuff and follow your instincts. You guys will make great parents!

I've got a Buckeye baby and she's turning out pretty good ... if it's a boy, just remember to "make" him left-handed and start him throwing soon. The Cubs (and everyone else) always need left-handed pitching!

 
At February 14, 2007 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cookie Jr.?????? Hooray! We are so excited for you!! Please send my congratulations to Katrinia.

Amanda

 
At February 15, 2007 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool news. Due Sept 26 huh? I'm sure my daughter won't mind if the munchkin shows up a couple days late (say, the 28th)- then they'll share a birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home