Monday, February 05, 2007

Randomness

I ended up watching most of the Super Bowl tonight, pretty much due to a lack of anything better to do. I can't remember the last time I actually sat down and watched most of the big game and the big commercials, both of which were rather disappointing this year.

Only a few commercials truly brought big laughs, and most of the others were pretty stupid. Our favorites were the Blockbuster Mouse (1st quarter) and the Connectile Dysfunction (3rd quarter). You can see them here, and lots of other places, I would guess.

In other recent news:
- Here's something scary for baseball's future.
- Here's something funny.
- Here's something very unfunny that kind of dominated my job last week.

3 Comments:

At February 05, 2007 8:21 PM, Blogger James E. Miller said...

That tragic story is just that - tragic.

Why don't you want the Yankees to go to China?

I assume you'd prefer the Cubs to go. But don't you want the Chinese to be excited about baseball's winning tradition?

 
At February 05, 2007 11:11 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Jim: I hope all of us can agree that the last thing the world needs is the Yankees getting a leg up on getting all the best players who come out of China in the future.

Mel: There already are baseball teams in China and elsewhere, but, for the time being, the best players in the world come to play in MLB. I'll grant that the World Series is a bit of a misnomer, but I don't see that changing anytime soon.

 
At February 06, 2007 12:06 AM, Blogger James E. Miller said...

D#%@ Yankees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home