Monday, November 06, 2006

A Change at Work, and a Joke

I found a Reuters article this morning detailing something I found out about a few weeks ago. As it's clearly public knowledge now, I guess I can talk about it.

At The Advocate and most of Gannett's other papers, we are no longer just a Newsroom. We are an Information Center. I know it sounds like a minor semantic shift, but the underlying intent explained in the article is more important. (And, no, we are not answering the phone by saying "Advocate Information Center.")

Any thoughts on this?

Also, here's an election-related joke I think is worth sharing.

3 Comments:

At November 06, 2006 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was about to forward that joke to you when I remembered you started me on the GCFL. I guess Trina couldn't live with you for too long without getting involved in the political picture. I know a lot of thought and prayer go into the choices you two make.I am proud of you.

 
At November 07, 2006 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again the system trashed my links.
Here's a couple more Election jokes:

Election Consultants

 
At November 07, 2006 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I got one in that time :) Since it's failed twice to accept the other one, I'll just say that it's the foxtrot from 10/29 of this year and let the readers find it for themselves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home