Saturday, October 07, 2006

Football Friday

As much as it pains me, I haven't been to a high school football game since 2003. As most of you know, I have been in China during the last two football seasons, which clearly kept me from seeing any American football game in person. Now that I'm back, however, I'm stuck in the newsroom every Friday night.

My newspaper covers about a dozen high schools, but my job keeps me in the office, having virtually nothing to do with the games. It hurts.

Speaking of hurting, my alma mater dropped to 4-2 last night with a depressing loss to cross-town rival Roosevelt. They were down 19-16 late in the fourth quarter and still lost by that score despite two made field goals. How? Let the Des Moines Register explain.

1 Comments:

At October 09, 2006 10:01 AM, Blogger CE Butler said...

Um.... Rick Roberts should have some explaining to do.
I understand his thinking (which is probably why I'm NOT a coach)... but, there's a little truth to the old saying that you NEVER take points OFF the board.

That's really bizarre.

Hey, the Badgers are missing you down here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home