Thursday, November 30, 2006

From The Onion

As I don't have anything more substantial to share with you all, I guess I'll settle for a funny joke.

As many of you know, one of my favorite things to do is to be a media elitist by making fun of TV news. (It's easy to do; just watch for a minute or two and you'll probably catch a few minor factual errors or on-screen typos.) With that in mind, you can understand why this was my favorite joke from this week's edition of The Onion.

(For those of you who don't know, The Onion is a parody newspaper and Web site that makes fun of pretty much everything. It can often be crude, but this article is clean.)

2 Comments:

At November 30, 2006 12:50 PM, Blogger CE Butler said...

Hard to believe a local TV anchor in Pittsburgh is making $220K. I'm wondering if, maybe, he was joking.

 
At December 01, 2006 9:02 AM, Blogger James E. Miller said...

I accidentally did that in a HU class a couple years ago.

It was so embarrassing - I know my students thought I was worth more than the $350,000 salary HU was paying me.

Oh well. The sacrifices you make at a Christian school.

Disclaimer: This is a joke. I do not make $350,000 per year. And I doubt any student thinks I am worth that much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home