Friday, November 17, 2006

"The Game of the Century"

With all of my teams either finished or set to wrap up mediocre or worse seasons this Saturday, my personal interest in college football is waning. But I must admit I still care about the national title race and the skirmish for admission into the other BCS bowls.

And, living in Columbus, Ohio, it's hard not to be connected with the weekend's showdown in the 'Shoe. Tickets are going for thousands of dollars, authorities are discouraging rioting, and Michigan fans are being warned to take safety precautions. And now legendary Michigan coach Bo Schembechler died this morning while taping a TV program.

I won't get to be at the game, although apparently I'm in the minority among members of the media. I'll be at the office, which I'm sure will be a very productive place from 3:30 to 7 or so. I just have to remember to not wear blue ...

I know I should root for OSU now that I live here, but I just can't bring myself to do it as an undying fan of underdogs. The main thing I'm concerned about is that any rioting that may happen stays away from our apartment.

Any thoughts on the big game?

2 Comments:

At November 19, 2006 8:52 AM, Blogger CE Butler said...

Don't know how much you got to see, Ryno... but ya gotta admit, that was exciting!

It's gonna be hard to keep a rematch from happening, isn't it?

 
At November 19, 2006 12:46 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I wasn't actually able to watch much, but I saw and heard enough to know it was a great game.

With Rutgers out of the picture, it will be interesting to see if that rematch happens or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home