Friday, February 23, 2007

'Tis the Season

I guess it is the season for college students to be studying AP style, as I have had at least 10 hits on my blog this week from people who have Googled "AP style quiz" or something like that. They have come from locations across the nation, from Newark, Del., to Los Angeles.

If you're one of those people who has found my blog in this random way, I'm sorry to disappoint you. No formal quiz here, although I did have a post with that title last month.

Google should be able to help you find some relevant study materials. Also, here's a page with style and other quizzes at copydesk.org, the online home of the American Copy Editors Society. (Now those are my kind of people!) I just wish I could go to their convention this year -- it seems that Dave Barry is going to be one of the speakers.

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2007 10:32 PM, Blogger James E. Miller said...

It's wonderful to know so many people are Googling AP style matters.

Hopefully they also own the good book.

By the way, here's another online AP style and grammar quiz. I use it with my students from time to time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home