Monday, March 05, 2007

Baseball Cards

Unlike the last few weekends, I actually have an excuse for not posting much in the last few days. Our friends at Time Warner decided to take more than 48 hours to restore our Internet and phone service after it went out Friday afternoon. It was a minor annoyance, and they're saying they will credit our bill, so I can't complain too loudly.

In other news, we had our first visit with our new doctor today. We had to get a new doctor for Katrina's pregnancy because the one we had seen before was not going to be available for the whole term of the pregnancy. So we met the new doctor today. She seemed very nice, and there's not really anything of significance to report. Things are looking good. (Other than the rude receptionist, but that's another story ... )

My other big project this weekend has been going through my old baseball cards. They're just taking up too much space, so I'm thinking about getting rid of them. I picked up a 2006 price guide last week and the bookstore, and I'm evaluating how valuable my cards are. As most of my cards are from 1986-1993, the simple answer is: Not very. The best cards I've found so far have been an '87 Topps Barry Bonds rookie and a '93 Topps Derek Jeter rookie. Both are worth $10, according to my price guide.

Does anyone have any experience with selling baseball cards? If so, I'd appreciate any advice you have to offer.

4 Comments:

At March 06, 2007 12:23 PM, Blogger Kenny Simpson said...

I was feeling real good in '98 when I saw all the Sammy Sosa cards...now I'm not real happy.

 
At March 06, 2007 8:04 PM, Blogger CE Butler said...

Ryno,
Find a place for them!
Seriously, there might be a boy on the way! Actually, though, my daughter asked me tonight if I'd take her to the store to get cards. She's trying to finish a 2006 Topps set.
My cards (at least 100,000 of them) are in our pantry. And no, April's not happy about it.

 
At March 06, 2007 10:10 PM, Blogger CE Butler said...

Oh, if you really want to sell them, though ... individually is obviously a lot more profitable (though time-consuming). The easy way is to put an ad in the paper saying you're selling your whole collection.

Ebay is probably the best way I've seen, though, again, it's rather time-consuming.

 
At March 07, 2007 10:43 AM, Blogger J. Beauchamp said...

e-bay your whole collection and mention the best cards you have.

Incidentally, my best baseball cards are a Willie Mays card with a piece of his bat, a Justin Morneau autographed rookie card, three Sandy Koufax cards from the 60s and every Bonds rookie other than his Fleer (which, of course, is worth the most).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home