Wednesday, April 04, 2007

New Job

I have a new job.

OK, not exactly. I have a new job title. What I do on a day-to-day basis isn't substantially changing. We're in the middle of bit of newsroom upheaval to better align our resources for the different things we do. I can't elaborate too much yet, as the full details won't be public until later this week.

But I can talk about my job. It sounds a like a demotion (Assistant City Editor to Evening Web/Copy Editor), but it's really the same thing with a new name. My two primary duties are keeping our Web site updated and reviewing local content for all platforms. There are dozens of other things I do from time to time, so it keeps my job interesting. (And I recently was added to our key staff list on the Web site, so that's something.)

What will really be interesting is seeing what kind of reaction the changes bring. We've been really blessed with low turnover since September, which is uncommon at a paper of this size. Here's hoping that trend continues, as it makes all of our jobs easier and allows us to put out a better product.

In other news:
-Katrina had another pregnancy checkup last Thursday. It was short and uneventful. Everything is looking good. We'll have another checkup at the end of April and then the big ultrasound sometime in May.

-We went on a tour of OSU Hospital's maternity ward Sunday afternoon. It was a fun experience, if a bit early. It's good to know what to expect in September. Not sure who put maternity on the sixth floor, though ...

-Apparently, this is Spring Sing week at Harding. Oh, the memories. As ordered, I shared my thoughts on the subject over at Miller's Menial Musings.

-I think I'm going to be playing fantasy baseball this year. I'll share my team once we get around to drafting them ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home